The Andaman Chamber of Commerce & Industry is the apex body for trade and industry in the Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
The Andaman Chamber of Commerce was established in the year 1962 with an idea of safeguarding the vital interests of businessmen of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
In the year 1986, its name was changed to ‘Andaman Chamber of Commerce & Industry’. The Chamber also adopted its own Constitutions and was got registered as a society under Section 3 of Societies Registration Act, 1860, on the 27th May, 1986, vide Registration number 582.
The Chamber fosters and develops friendly relations, mutual help, common understanding and unanimity among the business community of the entire Andaman & Nicobar Islands on all subjects connected with their common good. The Chamber also makes representation to the concerned local and Central Government authorities on all matters attracting inland and foreign trade, Commerce, Shipping, Transport, Industry & manufacture, banking & insurance and air services, etc. as also on problems of the members on any other matter which may attract even the general public.
Andaman Chamber of Commerce & Industry is affiliated with the following :-
- Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), New Delhi.
- Bharat Chamber of Commerce (BCC), Kolkata.
- The Southern India Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Chennai.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).Kolkata.
- Indian Council of Arbitration, New Delhi.
- Confederation of All India Traders, New Delhi.